The purpose of this role is to perform professional level assigned accounting duties within accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and payroll. Reports to Operations Manager.
- Demonstrates company values and culture
- Assists with accounts payable processing and payments
- Assists with accounts receivable processing
- Assists with job cost setup including cost codes, tax exemptions, customer set up and location
- Local, state, and federal tax reporting and payment preparation
- Review automated reports and system information to identify jobs that should be billed, closed or updated.
- Help manage projects to be sure all requirements have been submitted, including insurance certificates, W-9, and subcontractor agreements
- Help facilitate lien waiver process with our vendors and customers
- Have working knowledge of payroll functions and processes
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in fast pace work environments.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5 years progressive experience in construction industry accounting (Required)
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards and state/national regulations. (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (Preferred)
- Experience with Sage 300 (Timberline) (Preferred)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, use hands, wrists and fingers for extended periods of time to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- May require full range of motion parameters such as climbing stairs, walking, and bending at the waist.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Please send a cover letter and/or resume to email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.