Experienced Accounting Manager / Controller
We are looking to add an experienced accounting manager to our team or a controller level person. Depending
on the experience level of the candidate, we will determine the best positioning for the candidate’s and
company’s long-term success. Our companies have had significant growth in recent years and are poised for
success and seeking to add an outstanding team player to our already strong accounting group. The accounting
group here is seasoned and excited to bring in someone to lead and guide them through our upcoming growth.
- Actively manage a team of accounting staff – providing leadership, direction, accountability, goal setting,
key performance indicators and support
- Responsible for leading efficient and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Ensure compliance with sales and use tax regulations for multi-jurisdiction activities
- Manage and oversee monthly reconciliations of GL accounts including daily oversight of bank
- Provide proper revenue and job cost reporting for monthly work in process including knowledge
of percentage of completion accounting and over/underbilling
- Update and improve internal control procedures and monitoring the effectiveness of internal controls
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results and initiating corrective action
- Assist with quarterly and annual forecasting of revenue and expenses for budgeting purposes
- Ensure all required federal, state, and local tax deposits and filings are made timely
- Ensure proper record keeping of fixed assets for capitalization and depreciation purposes
- Assist with annual review of financial statements with outside CPA firm and coordinate information
for timely income tax return filings
- Oversee required year end document processes including 1099s, W2s, ACA, etc.
- Assist with preparation of monthly and annual financial statements including financial
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability while overseeing daily cash activity
- Compiles necessary information for annual work compensation policy audit as well as annual
- Ensure adequate cross-training and redundancy within accounting department
- Other ad hoc assignments as needed to support business
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong data analysis, problem solving and risk management skills.
- Capable of delegating effectively while managing and measuring work to accomplish the
- Ability to understand and execute instructions through strong organizational skills and attention
- Required attributes include integrity, proactive, ability to collaborate, & teamwork.
- Effectively communicates within all levels of the organization (both verbal & written).
- Adheres to the organization’s values, reflecting them in decisions and actions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office systems, including Excel.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field required
- 3-5 years experience in financial reporting and operational accounting (construction experience
- Knowledge of principles of USGAAP, percentage of completion accounting method,
as well as local, federal, and state laws and regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff
- Previous experience with comprehensive ERP system
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
To apply for the above opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and application below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.