The Project Coordinator works with the Project Management staff to facilitate office and field management and administrative duties for industrial and commercial projects.
- Plan review and layout
- Coordinate equipment, tools, resources and materials.
- Subcontractor Management
- Submittal and RFI controls and management
- Billings, Change Management, Contract Management, Forecasting and Reporting – Cost Controls
- Productivity tracking, planning and scheduling- Project Controls
- Light travel expected
- Quality Control and Safety Management
- Other duties may be assigned consistent with job description.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with desire to improve processes and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to take-on additional short and mid-term responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively on a team environment.
- Ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as knowledge of and experience with standard office computer software such as Microsoft Office and construction scheduling software.
- Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, owners, tradesmen and subcontractors while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Relevant experience in a construction industry is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain.
- Ability to travel for short periods of time to support job site activities.
- Regularly sit, stand, climb ladders and stairs, walk and talk and listen.
- Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
About Decker Electric
Founded in Wichita in 1977, Decker Electric is a full-service electrical, security and telecommunications contractor with projects in 27 states. Our expertise covers everything from medium voltage primary distribution to PLC programming to fiber optic installation. We specialize in design-build work for chemical processing, food and beverage, oil and gas, ethanol, railroad, manufacturing and industrial, healthcare, commercial, and municipal clients.
At Decker, our outstanding and driven leadership team has set high expectations for significant growth in the coming years. We have a stable and dynamic work environment that is fast-paced and focused on excellence. We value hard work and teamwork, commitment, and communication. We know our team thrives when they know where the company is going, understand how they contribute to the goal, and are given the tools and guidance for their professional success.