Project Manager or Senior Project Manager
Are you looking to for a rewarding career as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in Electrical Construction?
If so, you might have found your dream job. This is an amazing opportunity to join a leader in the industry. Voted as one of the best places to work, we have a wonderful culture that feels a lot like family. It all starts with our core values of accountability, dedication, family, enthusiasm, and integrity; and how we exhibit these in our daily lives.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual, a team player, with a strong drive for results, and continual improvement. This is position is responsible for the overall administration, planning, installation, and reporting of large, complex electrical construction projects and project teams.
- Demonstrated Leadership ability is essential
- Effective management of the project teams to ensure construction projects are delivered safely on time and under budget
- Advanced knowledge of technical construction methods, cost impact analysis, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and basic financial principles associated with the management of construction projects
- Oversee the project through administrative direction of on-site supervision to ensure the projects are built following design, budget, and schedule.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or manage activities of all company personnel and subcontractors on assigned project(s)
- Generate billings and lead the collections process for projects
- Frequent project visits with field supervision and other personnel to understand progress, needs, or issues. Assist in the planning of future labor/material needs of the project
- Ensure timely procurement and delivery of materials to the job site by working directly with vendors
- Build long term relationships with both the clients and fellow employees by consistently meeting expectations and offering innovative solutions
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on financial forecasting
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring, and direction to support staff and other junior personnel toward the achievement of their personal development goals
- Responsible for job site safety and adherence to company policies and national safety standards for personnel under their supervision.
- Support and participate in company-sponsored initiatives and activities.
- Manage project pre-construction and design review.
- Ensure QA/QC company standards and project requirements are met.
- Responsible for Billings, Change Order and Contract Management – Cost Controls
- Run Weekly Staff / Internal Meetings
- Light Travel Expected
- Strong Communication Skills
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam, Procore, Primavera P6, Microsoft Project
Education and Experience Requirements
- A College degree, journeyman’s license, or master electrician’s license is preferred.
- At least 5 years of Electrical contracting project management or assistant project management experience
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing all facets of complex electrical construction projects of wide-ranging size ($1,000,000 to $10,000,000+)
- At least 10 years of experience working in the electrical industry
- A good understanding of how to read electrical and mechanical drawings is required
- Strong computer skills required
- Familiar with computer-based estimating for an item-by-item estimating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel for short periods of time to support job site activities
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Pay and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with position, experience, skills, and education
- Salary Range - $90,000 to $125,000
- Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Company Vehicle
- Training and Development Opportunities
To apply for the above opportunity, please submit your cover letter, resume and application below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.