The Administrative Assistant will serve as a resource to our business office and receive in-person guests visiting our office as well as answer and direct incoming phone calls. This position will provide general support for business office administrative needs including the essential duties outlined below and report to our Business Office Operations Manager.
- Greet and direct visitors
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming phone calls
- Coordinate team lunch orders as needed
- Support administrative duties of Wired To Help (internal community service group)
- Receive mail and other deliveries and distribute as needed
- Prepare customer checks for daily deposit
- Run local errands such as post office or Sam’s club for supplies
- Order office supplies
- Perform administrative and clerical support tasks
- Assist with accounts payable processes such as lien waivers, insurance certificates, setting up new vendors, monitoring email inboxes, reviewing vendor statements monthly and mailing checks and waivers.
- Process customer credit card payments over the phone
- Assist with review of weekly credit card expense reports
- Other ad hoc duties to support business office needs
- Provide back up for facilitating union employee onboarding
- Professionally represent our company to all guests and visitors
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Demonstrates company values and culture
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Outlook,
Excel, and Word
- Ability to multitask
- Experience with Sage 300 (Timberline) is preferred
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
About Decker Electric
Decker Electric is a local Wichita company that has been in business for over 45 years. We work in a variety of industries, and we work in dozens of different states as an electrical contractor. Seaton Construction Group is an affiliated construction management company operating as a general contractor. This position will be involved with both of our businesses in our shared-services group. We offer a stable and dynamic work environment that is focused on excellence.