The purpose of this role is to prepare bid documents and cost estimates for construction projects by gathering and analyzing data, evaluating bid specifications and drawings, and accurately obtaining quantities for developing a cost estimate.
- Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Participate in "Go/No Go" decisions; Bid review Meetings; Project Kickoff Meetings, etc.
- Perform take offs and develop cost estimates from drawings and specifications for work we self-perform and enter data into estimating software
- Compile completed bid packets and review to ensure there are no scope gaps.
- Gather and coordinate subcontractor bids.
- Identify qualified suppliers and request quotes. Review them for completeness with plans and specifications
- Itemize and quantify all incidentals necessary for scope of work
- Draft scope letter inclusions, exclusions, and clarifications for estimates.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates company values and culture
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and/or engineering design drawings
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with Sage 300 (Timberline) is preferred
- Experience with Procore ERP integration is preferred
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Good time management skills and organizational skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of relevant job experience, education, and or training. (Required)
- Degree/training/associate in construction or related field (Preferred)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May require some limited travel.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Please send a cover letter and/or resume to email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.