Do you love people? Does your perfect job involve knowing that you help your colleagues’ families survive and thrive? As a senior accountant at Decker Electric, you’re responsible for our accounting processes including billing, accounts payable, fixed assets and cash management. Duties will include account reconciliations and assistance with monthly financial statement close process as well as financial analysis. It takes an eye for detail and a heart for people. If this sounds like the perfect fit, we’d like to meet you.
About Decker Electric
Founded in Wichita in 1977, Decker Electric is a full-service electrical, security and telecommunications contractor with projects in 27 states. Our expertise covers everything from medium voltage primary distribution to PLC programming to fiber optic installation. We specialize in design-build work for chemical processing, food and beverage, oil and gas, ethanol, railroad, manufacturing and industrial, healthcare, commercial, and municipal clients.
At Decker, our outstanding and driven leadership team has set high expectations for significant growth in the coming years. We have a stable and dynamic work environment that is fast-paced and focused on excellence. We value hard work and teamwork, commitment, and communication. We know our team thrives when they know where the company is going, understand how they contribute to the goal, and are given the tools and guidance for their professional success.
Multi-faceted team player who can learn all aspects of our accounting processes, including billing, accounts payable, fixed assets and cash management. Duties will include account reconciliations and assistance with monthly financial statement close process as well as financial analysis.
- Enter and process customer billings with attention to sales tax requirements
- Enter and process vendor payments, assist with vendor statements on monthly basis
- Assist with credit card expense report application and reconciliation process
- Ensure accurate reporting for fixed assets including additions, disposals and depreciation using AssetKeeper
- Perform monthly reconciliations of certain general ledger accounts including intercompany activities
- Responsible for accuracy of sales tax and facilitating sales tax reporting
- Support with monthly, quarterly and annual rollfoward of ERP system
- Other ad hoc projects as business needs arise
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate company values and culture
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience with Sage 300CRE is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner
- Solid understanding of accrual basis accounting and percentage of completion experience
- Ability to manage self effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A 4-year degree with a major in accounting
- Knowledge of accounting methods and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 3-5 years of relevant general ledger experience and construction industry is a plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- General ledger accounting: 3 years (Required)
To apply please send your resume to Lisa Trout, email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.