Do you want to ensure everyone is properly taken care of on a construction site or operating facility? Is safety something that comes second nature to you? Come join a family-friendly team while utilizing your skills as our safety manager. We don’t take safety lightly and neither should you. You will identify safety related issues and risks on project sites and in operating facilities across the nation. Once risks are identified, you’ll work with the project leadership and project owner to design solutions to mitigate the exposure to those risks.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the Company’s Safety, Security, Health and Environmental Programs.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure company compliance to regulations associated with Safety and Environmental Protection.
- Perform operational risk assessments of the company’s operations.
- Conduct safety and environmental development training including new hire training and quarterly safety meetings.
- Provides project management team with technical guidance on health and safety processes and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Manage and maintain company compliance with third-party safety programs such as ISNet World, Avetta, Browz and Veriforce.
- Manage and maintain company drug testing program.
- Manage and maintain company DOT compliance.
- Report near-misses, accidents and statistics as directed by Company policy and directives.
- Develop and produce reports for use by management concerning Safety, Security, Health and Environmental issues.
- Analyze Company accident and training statistics for adverse trends and recommend actions for improvement.
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct accident and personal injury investigations including report generation and root cause analysis.
- Conduct Safety audits in accordance with company policy or as directed by the Executive Team.
- Participate in Accident Review Boards for all reportable injuries in accordance with company policy.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player with desire to improve processes and ability to multi-task.
- Expertise with risk assessment/management.
- Communication, meeting, and presentation skills including leading meetings with large audiences.
- Strategic thinking & vision coupled with strong leadership and management background.
- Must be able to act independently with little or no supervision and work collaboratively on a team environment.
- Ability to operate a standard personal computer as well as knowledge of and experience with standard office computer software.
- Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management, owners, tradesmen and subcontractors while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively.
- Expert knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Construction and General Industry, America National Standards Institution (ANSI), National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace and National Electrical Code (NEC), Standards.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial or equivalent degree/work experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the Construction Industry as a Safety Manager
- Current certifications in First Aid, CPR, OSHA, 30-hour Construction Safety and Industry Standards
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred.
- OSHA Authorized Trainer for the Construction Industry designation preferred.
- Ability to carry out duties in varying work environments including wide ranging weather conditions and terrain.
- Ability to travel for short periods of time to support job site activities.
- Regularly sit, stand, climb ladders and stairs, walk and talk and listen.
- Occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.